Vanilla Chai Tea| Holiday Drink Swap
It’s a holiday drink swap!
Jennifer from The Daily Connoisseur and I are swapping our favorite holiday drink recipes and making them for our blog readers. This vanilla chai tea recipe from Jennifer was a huge hit in our house, and it is now a part of my holiday staple recipe collection! You can also find my favorite holiday drink on Jennifer’s channel.
Jennifer’s Vanilla Chai Tea Recipe
- ½ tsp whole allspice
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 whole cloves
- 8 black tea bags
- 1 Tbs honey
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1½ tsp confectioner's sugar
- Ground allspice
- Crush allspice, cardamom, cinnamon stick and cloves with a mortar and pestle (or a bowl and a wooden spoon) until their aroma is released.
- Add tea bags, honey and boiling water.
- Cover and steep for 7 minutes. Meanwhile, heat milk in a saucepan.
- Strain tea into a heatproof pitcher, stir in milk and vanilla.
- (Optional whipped topping for special occasions) In a small bowl, beat whipping cream and confectioner's sugar until soft peaks form.
- Serve individual servings of tea with whipped cream. Garnish with allspice.
Make sure you go check out my recipe on Jennifer’s channel, and subscribe!