Summer Solstice 2014 & A Potato Salad Recipe
We celebrated the longest day of the year with some of Matthew’s amazing homemade burgers, and this yummy potato salad
- 6 medium red potatoes
- 2 t. dijon mustard
- ⅓ c. olive oil
- ¼ c. red wine or apple cider vinegar
- 1 T. salt (or to taste)
- ¼ t. freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ c. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 T. chopped fresh basil
- ⅓ c. chopped green onion
- Wash and boil the potatoes for 30 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Drain, cool until you can handle them, then dice into whatever size you like for potato salad.
- Mix remaining ingredients, and pour over potatoes.
- Toss, and let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes to 2 hours. Adjust seasoning to taste.
We are enjoying the (slightly) slower pace of summertime, the longer days, and the beautiful green of central Virginia. Here are a few pictures of this evening’s supper with veggies from our garden.
There is such a wonderful satisfaction for me when I serve a meal that is mostly grown by our hands. It really makes us appreciate our food more, because we know every bit of work that went into growing (and then cooking) it. I am so excited that more and more of our meals are becoming this way.