Earthing, And Why You Should Try It
What is Earthing?
Earthing (or Grounding) is connecting electrically to the earth to improve your health. Earthing sounds a bit tree-hugger like and strange, I know, but there is a growing body of research showing that there are MANY health benefits to being a bit more connected to the earth.
There are two main reasons Earthing can be so beneficial:
1. Living the majority of our days indoors, using artificial lighting, and rarely ever coming into contact with the earth makes our bodies unable to accurately tell time. Our body relies on our internal “clock” to regulate it’s diurnal body rhythms, such as cortisol secretion, and many more biological reactions. When the biological secretions are off, it results in serious INFLAMMATION. Therefore, getting back in contact with the earth, and resetting our body’s internal clock, can reduce many of the side effects that come with inflammation.
2. We are exposed to so many EMF’s from all our electronics, each and every day, and the earth’s negatively charged free electrons can help protect us from the dangers of EMF’s.
Here are a few of the health benefits that can be found by Earthing:
- Improved immune function
- Improved digestion
- Improved sleep/Reduction of chronic fatigue
- Improved blood circulation
- Harmonization and stabilization of the body’s basic biological rhythms
- Accelerated recovery from intense athletic activity
- Reduction of inflammation
- Reduced stress / anxiety / irritability
How to do Earthing
There are several ways to get connected to the earth, but the simplest is to just go barefoot outside! 30-40 minutes a day is a great amount of time to go barefoot. You can do it in one long chunk of time, or split it into three 10-15 minutes sessions. I like to go barefoot when I go outside to feed my chickens twice each day, when I work in the garden, and if I ever need to get something from the freezer in our (detached) garage. It all adds up, and you will find it becoming easier to do as time goes on.
I have been doing intentional earthing each day for a little over a year now, and I have noticed several of the above benefits. Most noticeable for me is the improved sleep and blood circulation. I used to take forever to fall asleep, and I always had freezing cold hands and feet, and both of those symptoms have improved greatly since I started doing earthing!
Have you ever tried Earthing or Grounding?
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only recommend products or services I have personally used and trust.